Cross Country Runner Registrations full for the 2017 season, please sign up on our waiting list.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP ON THE WAITING LIST
Please DO NOT send any forms in if you are on the waiting list. You will contacted by the club if a spot becomes available for your athlete.
Hard Copy of Registration Forms
If you have registered, please check you status here:
- DO WE NEED TO LIVE IN THE WALTON SCHOOL DISTRICT TO JOIN?
- No. We welcome athletes from all the local districts to join the team.
WHEN ARE PRACTICES
Practices take place GENERALLY on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30, and Sundays at 6:00 p.m. and begin August 13. Variations from this schedule will be communicated through team channels.
WHERE ARE PRACTICES?
Practices take place GENERALLY at Sope Creek National Recreation Area and Sope Creek Elementary School, depending on color group and day. Variations from these locations will be communicated through team channels.
WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION FEE COVER?
The Registration Fee ($230 for Returning athletes and $330 for New athletes) covers full uniform, gear bag, and season tech t-shirt for New athletes or tech t-shirt for Returning athletes, plus all athlete meet entry fees, permit, administrative, and insurance fees, and team gifts and parties for the whole season (January-July for Track & Field, August-December for Cross Country)
WHAT ADDITIONAL COSTS WILL THERE BE?
The only gear you need to purchase is a good pair of running shoes. Big Peach Running Company supports our team by offering discounts for our athletes and families.
Some athletes choose to purchase “spikes” for racing. These are not required.
If your athlete chooses to compete in the post-season USATF Junior Olympic series meets, all entry fees are covered by your registration fee, but travel expenses would be additional.
ARE PRACTICES OR MEETS MANDATORY?
No. We don’t take generally attendance or monitor how many practices your athlete attends. However, your athlete’s growth as a runner is directly proportional to their commitment to practice. One of the many great things about this sport is that if your athlete attends practice regularly and participates fully, they will definitely improve!
- July 31: All Follow-Up Packets due
- August 1: Welcome email to team members
- August 6: Team Meeting, Uniform Fitting, & Wristband Pick-Up
- August 8: Uniform Fitting & Wristband Pick-Up
- August 10: Uniform Fitting & Wristband Pick-Up
- August 13: First Practice
DEVELOPMENTAL MEET DATES:
- SEPTEMBER 10 – Marietta High School – Hokum Karem race
- SEPTEMBER 16 – Alpha Crush/Milton High School
- SEPTEMBER 30 – Etowah/Boling Park
- OCTOBER 7 – Jackrabbit/Location TBD
- OCTOBER 21 – HOME MEET/BOUNDARY WATERS PARK
- OCTOBER 28 – Peachtree City Flash/Heritage Christian Church
USATF JUNIOR OLYMPIC SERIES MEET DATES (** = Qualification Required):
- NOVEMBER 11 – Georgia State Championship/Location TBD
- NOVEMBER 18 – Region 4 Championship**/Location in GA TBD
- DECEMBER 9 – Junior Olympic National Championship**/Tallahassee, FL